Food allergens are primarily proteins that may be treated as foreign objects by an individual’s immune system of few people, and their consumption may trigger an allergic reaction for people which can even be life threatening. As food allergens pose a risk to people with allergies, it is critical for food producers to test the products for possible allergen contamination.
Food Allergen labelling is an important requirement especially for food exports into highly regulated markets such as US, Europe, Australia, Japan, and Middle East. The labelling primarily identifies the presence of ingredients containing protein derived from milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, or soybeans, which may result in allergies or intolerance.
VIMTA offers comprehensive analytical testing services for the following food allergens:
- Cereals containing gluten
- Crustaceans and products thereof
- Eggs and products thereof
- Fish and products thereof
- Peanuts and products thereof
- Soybeans and products thereof
- Milk and products thereof (including lactose)
- Celery and products thereof
- Mustard and products thereof
- Sesame seeds and products thereof
- Sulphur dioxide and sulphites expressed as SO2
- Lupin and products thereof
- Molluscs and products thereof