Along with sustained economic performance and sound Corporate Governance, VIMTA is strongly responsive to the needs of the society. At VIMTA, we have been extending our contribution beyond the realms of core business operations by supporting various social work organizations.
Our core emphasis has been on promoting the concept of social stewardship & innovation, while undertaking socially useful programs for the welfare and sustainable development of the community at large. Our CSR programs are independent of the normal business activities at VIMTA and aim to create a tangible benefit and positive impact in the society.
- To earmark funds on annual basis for carrying out CSR Programmes
- To develop CSR Programmes and to spend towards one or more of the following activities:
- Eradicating extreme hunger and poverty
- Promotion of education
- Combating human immuno-deficiency virus, acquired immune-deficiency syndrome, malaria and other diseases
- Environmental sustainability
- Social business projects
- Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government or the State Governments for social economic development and relief and funds for the welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes minorities and women
- Health care including preventive health care to the economically weaker sections and physically/ differently abled people of weaker sections
- Providing mid-day meals to the children at Government schools
- Providing drinking water to weaker sections and to the children at Government schools
- Providing/ developing necessary infrastructure at Government schools including providing of books, dress material, etc
- To carry out CSR Programmes in the community around Vimta’s facility to fulfill commitments arising from requests by Government/ Regulatory authorities