- Sanjay Dave has a total professional experience of about 43 years out of which about 33 years is in agri. trade and food safety.
- He is the Chairperson of the Codex Coordinating Committee for Asia (CC-Asia).
- He is also the Chairman of Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan (National Mission for Safe Food) launched by the Government of India in July 2015.
- He is developing country SPS expert from Asia to the Standards and Trade Development Facility (STDF) of the WTO.
- He functions as the Senior International Consultant to FAO, WHO and International Trade Centre (ITC), Geneva.
- He is a member of the Scientific Committee of FSSAI.
In the past, he has also served as: – Chairperson of Codex Alimentarius Commission (a UN – FAO/WHO – body) from July 2011 to July 2014. – Advisor of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi. – Adviser (Agriculture) in the Mission of India to the European Union at Brussels. – Director of Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India, New Delhi.